An Observatory for public engagement with energy and climate change
Prof Jason Chilvers - Professor of Environment and Society at UEA, UKERC Co-Director and Public Engagement Observatory lead
- Start  Tuesday 05 Jul 2022 2:00pm
- Finish Tuesday 05 Jul 2022 5:00pm
- Venue Online
UKERC webinar – An Observatory for public engagement with energy and climate change, Jul 5, 2022, 2:00 pm
This webinar marks the launch of a new dedicated website and open-access database that maps diverse forms of public engagement with energy and climate change.
Meaningful public engagement is now seen as crucial to addressing the challenges of energy transitions and climate change. While these are profoundly systemic problems, most approaches to public engagement are not, focusing on discrete and often one-off forms of participation in specific parts of wider systems. UKERC has been at the forefront of moves to develop more systemic approaches to public participation and engagement, including through its Public Engagement Observatory.
• Prof Jason Chilvers – Professor of Environment and Society at UEA, UKERC Co-Director and Public Engagement Observatory lead
• Prof Becky Willis – Professor in Energy and Climate Governance, University of Lancaster
• Prof Jim Watson – Professor of Energy Policy, Director of the UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources
• Simon Burall – Senior Associate of Involve and Programme Director of Sciencewise
• Dr Helen Pallett – Lecturer in Human Geography of the Environment at UEA and UKERC Public Engagement Observatory deputy-lead