University of Oxford and SCG Chemicals launch £1m SCGC-FIRST fund to accelerate sustainable technology development and help decarbonise the chemicals industry
SCG Chemicals Public Company Limited (SCGC), part of the Siam Cement Group (SCG) and one of the largest integrated chemical companies in Asia, has agreed a major new award scheme to develop novel ideas and nascent research from Oxford’s laboratories into environmental sustainability solutions for the global chemicals industry.
Broad areas of research that fall within the scope of SCGC-FIRST funding include:
Energy and carbon reduction
- Carbon neutrality through reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, carbon capture, storage and utilisation, and emissions monitoring
- Low cost, low carbon footprint hydrogen production
- Materials for environmental sustainability
- Sustainable supply chains and logistics
- Novel approaches to utilisation of energy sources
- Sustainable finance and carbon accounting tools for decision-making
Read more here.