Pathway to net zero aviation: developing the UK sustainable aviation fuel mandate
UK government consultation | Department for Transport
This consultation proposes the UK sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) mandate which requires jet fuel suppliers to blend SAF into aviation fuel from 2025, thereby reducing CO2 emissions.
The Department for Transport is seeking views on:
- overarching targets to be set for 2030 and beyond
- targets to supply power to liquid fuels and a cap on hydrotreated esters and fatty acids
- potential buy-out price
- eligible fuels and sustainability criteria
- design of the scheme including:
- who the obligation applies to,
- how certificates will be issued, traded and used for compliance
- interactions with other domestic and international policy makers.
Read more here.
Deadline: 22 June 2023