The Power of Inclusion: Designing equitable energy systems across social divisions – CO27 Side Events
- Start  Thursday 10 Nov 2022 2:00pm
- Finish Thursday 10 Nov 2022 3:15pm
- Venue Online
Climate Compatible Growth Programme: CO27 Side Events
- Makena Ireri (Chair), Head of Energy at CLASP
- Alexander Haack, Programme Director, Energising Development (EnDev)
- Sam Stratton-Short, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Infrastructure & Project Management at UNOPS
- Elizabeth Wangeci Chege, Energy Efficiency & Cooling Specialist at Sustainable Energy for All
- Edwin Obiero, Regional Director for West Africa at Practical Action
Abstract: Inclusion is an important yet undervalued part of an equitable energy transition. It is vital in order to build truly sustainable and climate-compatible energy systems. In this session, we will look at inclusivity in energy transitions through the lens of different demographic groups including gender, disability, age, and class. Centering Global South perspectives, we will investigate how accounting for the needs of diverse groups in decision-making can have a positive effect on energy-enabled growth.
This panel is organised as a side event to COP27 by the Climate Compatible Growth Programme (CCG).
See full details for all side events here