#ONEsuperyear for nature | Webinar
Jim Hall, Harriet Waters, Nathan Lawson & Shobhan Dhir
- Start  Monday 12 Oct 2020 4:30pm
- Finish Monday 12 Oct 2020 6:30pm
- Venue Online
You can watch the ONE #Superyear for Nature presentation on Microsfot TEAMS. It was recorded on 12 October 2020.
The Oxford Networks for the Environment (ONE) facilitate connections between all Oxford researchers working on environmental research in biodiversity, climate, energy, food and water. The networks exchange knowledge and expertise, enabling Oxford University to be ‘greater than the sum of its parts’, capable of tackling the most complex environmental challenges. As we prepare for the COP26, and in what is set to be a ‘super-year’ for nature, climate, humans and planet earth, understanding how we make use of our natural resources sustainably is of critical importance.
The ONE is hosting a webinar on the Monday, 12 October @ 4.30pm. We invite Doctoral Training Students (DTPs), undergraduate students, post-graduate students, researchers and staff to a Super Year for Nature discussion, to raise awareness of the issues, and understand how Oxford is responding. This event is for you if you are interested in broadening your knowledge on the complex and converging challenges of biodiversity, climate, energy, food and water.
Each co-ordinator will introduce the work of their network, explaining how to participate through networking events, seminars and conferences, and we will hear an update of how the University’s draft Sustainability Strategy is putting in place urgent actions to address environmental sustainability across Oxford University.
This is an opportunity to participate in a lively discussion and meet like-minded individuals who are interested in sustainable solutions to environmental issues.
We will hear presentations from
- Jim Hall – Professor of Climate and Environmental Risks at the School of Geography and the Environment and convenor of the ONE network;
- Harriet Waters – Head of Environmental Sustainability, Estates Department, University of Oxford
- Nathan Lawson – President, Oxford Climate Society, (Geography BA), Jesus College.
- Shobhan Dhir – Vice President, Oxford Climate Society, (Materials DPhil), St Catherine’s College.
- ONE Network Co-ordinators for Water, Food, Biodiversity, Climate and Energy.
The webinar will finish with questions from the audience.